How long do you cook a filet mignon on each side?
How Long Should I Cook Filet Mignon? Sear filets 2 minutes per side on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet on high heat with real butter or oil and then immediately transfer to a preheated oven at 415° F. I typically bake filets for about 5-6 minutes for medium-rare.
How long do you cook a 2 inch thick filet mignon?
Remember to fully thaw your steaks. Sear on high heat for 2 minutes on one side, then turn and move to indirect heat. Turn them 1 minute before the halfway point of the cooking time.
|Medium-Rare1 3/4 inches 2 1/2 inches||11-12 mins 13-14 mins|
|Medium1 3/4 inches 2 1/2 inches||12-13 mins 14-16 mins|
How do you grill a 2 inch filet mignon?
Place the filets on the grill over direct heat. Allow to sear for 4-5 minutes until a rich, golden-brown crust forms. Then, flip the filets over to the other side to sear for another 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, hold the filets on their sides, rotating them occasionally to sear all sides of the filets.
How do you grill a 1.5 inch filet mignon?
How to Grill Filet Mignon
- For a 1-inch cut, grill 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F).
- For a 1½-inch cut, grill 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F).
- Transfer the meat to a platter.
How long do you cook 2 inch steaks on the grill?
To cook a 2-inch-thick steak, use direct heat. When grill is medium (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds), follow directions below; cook steak 20 to 25 minutes for rare, 27 to 30 for medium.
How do you know a filet mignon is done?
How to Cook Filet Mignon on the Grill
- Be sure your steak is completely thawed.
- For the perfect medium-rare filet mignon, grill for 7-8 minutes for a 1-inch steak, and 9-11 minutes for a 1½ inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F.
How long do you cook steak on a grill?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
How do I cook a 3 inch filet mignon?
Cook the filets in your oven for 5-8 minutes, depending on your preferred level of doneness: 5-6 minutes for rare, 6-7 minutes for medium-rare or 7-8 minutes for medium. Carefully remove the sauté pan from your oven and transfer the filets to a clean plate. Tent them with foil and let them rest for 5-7 minutes.
How long do you cook a fillet steak for medium?
Fillet steak cooking times
Rare: 2¼ mins each side. Medium-rare: 3¼ mins each side. Medium: 4½ mins each side.
What is a good side dish for filet mignon?
23 Delicious Side Dishes for Steak
- 01 of 23. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. …
- 02 of 23. Mushrooms Bordelaise. …
- 03 of 23. Macaroni and Cheese With Bacon. …
- 04 of 23. Duck Fat Fries. …
- 05 of 23. Classic Popovers. …
- 06 of 23. Classic Wedge Salad. …
- 07 of 23. Baked Sweet Potato Fries. …
- 08 of 23. Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes.